Saturday 7 September 2013

First Letter - ABC Quilt Along

Here is my first letter for my ABC quilt, obvs the letter A. I should warn you that I've decided to go off piste rather on some of these letters and do my own thing. So who knows what will turn up each week. In true letter land spirit, (any one use these books when you started to write? Naughty Nick and Golden Girl anyone?) I decided to go with A for Annie Apple.

I used mainly back stitch for the apple and the letters, but also some stem stitch for the leaf, and satin stitch for the stem (ironic?). I've tried to tone my threads in with my fabric choices, listed in a previous post, but they aren't exact, and obvs there is no green.

Thoughts?
Love Eggs xxx

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I was not in love with the angel design myself...I did the boy quilt to start because of it. I hope you don't mind if I steal your apple idea. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete