Wednesday 3 July 2013

Ten things I want to get done this Summer

Sherri from a Quilting Life asked everyone what the ten things are that they hope to get done this summer and then link their post with hers, so here is my list. I can't promise that they are all perfectly quilt/sewing related, but those that aren't are really important.

1 and 2. 
I need to get my Rose Trellis quilt together (all blocks now finished) and quilted, so that by the time I move in September, I have another nice quilt to decorate it with, and it will need all the help it can get.


3.
Finish binding my baby quilt, so it can go away in a wardrobe and be at my fingertips when my next friend has a baby.




4.
Watch Andy Murray win Wimbledon. Gosh that was a nail biting quarter finals, so stressful. One lesson learnt is not to listen to the last ten mins of one of the most stressful games of tennis ever while driving on the radio. I'm sure that all that tension while driving is defs not a good idea, safety wise. Come on Andy.

5.
Finish my blocks for my scrap sample quilt.



6.
Learn how to quilt the above quilt using the quilt as you go method from this book- More Lap Quilting with Georgia Bonesteel.


7. Watch as we retain the Ashes, and take great pleasure in casually mentioning is a couple (maybe over ten) times to my Aussie best mate.

8. Get all my Arts and Crafts supplies ready for camp at the end of August, including plenty of worked examples.

(Some more lavender bags)




9. Watch as Paper Piecing becomes the new craze around the camp, for the girls to just be doing with their hands as they talk, at the mo its friendship bracelets. (I hope).



10. Start a Irish chain quilt using this fabric. (Moda Mills Book Series, Collections for a Cause)



So we'll see how I do on that list, hopefully by the end of the summer I'll be able to tick of all of them.

Love Eggs xxx

4 comments:

  1. You have some great projects going! Thanks so much for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Baby Quilt looks very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those lavender bags! Beautiful work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. learn the quilt as you go method is certainly somewhere in my top 20 or 30 or 40. I also have a Georgia Bonesteel Book ready and waiting to be of use! Summer is getting shorter though, I may have to combine it with another of my goals or i will never find the time!

    ReplyDelete