Thursday 18 July 2013

A Book Bag



Hello. I thought I would share something I made this week end out of odd bits in my fabric scrap box. I felt like making a bag. Not quite sure what I'm going to do with it yet. It may end up a present, probs.


I made it using five inch squares for the outside, just sewn together in rows of eight. Which I sewed together to make a tube.



I then used three squares for the bottom, and made so that it had a rectangular flat base. I vaguely based it off a pattern from Cath Kidston's book Patch!, but changed the size.


I also added a lovely button, from my button box, and a tab to keep the top together if desired. One of Mummy's requirements for any bag.


I then used this lovely material for the lining. It is called Peonies and Roses by Jane Churchill, and is from about the mid nineties. I got these off cuts from my grandmothers curtains, when she moved into her house she shortened them.

I think it turned out pretty well, what do you think?

Love Eggs xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment