Saturday 22 June 2013

Arts and Crafts

Project One

Every year I go on an absolutely lovely Christian youth camp at the end of August, I used to go as a youth, and then a student helping out, and now as a leader. Last year one of my jobs was to be in charge of Arts and Crafts, the activity option in the morning, for those who don't like sports, and so didn't particularly feel like, Ultimate Frisbee, Ragger or Danish Longball. It tends to be quite a girly activity.
Well I'll probably be in charge again, and so ideally need to come up with something to do every day. As its me, arts and crafts tends to involve lots of sewing. But alas not my lovely Bernina. 
So over the next few weeks I need to test run all my potential crafts, some will be old favorites from last year, and some will be new, so lets see how we go...

I was thinking it would be fun to make pin cushions, and to do some paper piecing, so lets see how that goes. I'm going to be lovely and cut out all the pieces of paper for them.

A lovely little pile of hexagons, they're pretty small because we're having problems with our printer at the mo, so I may have just traced them directly from my laptop, Daddy would hate that.


I think I'll make these into a needle book, pin cushion to come later when I make slightly bigger ones.





I have to say I'm still rather confused about how you finish the edges, how do I get it so that I can pull those final pieces of paper out? Any words of wisdom? I think I've come up with a solution for this one, but I can't imagine its the easiest way of doing it.


More on this turns out later.



1 comment: