Thursday 20 June 2013

A Phone Case

A New Case for a New Phone

Resently I upgraded my phone, not such a big deal you think, but I upgraded from a Nokia 3210, to a Samsung galaxy y. Rather a big jump. My new phone is great, just simple enough for me to understand, and to treat as if it isn't a smart phone, but one thing worries me.

One of the best features of the old Nokias were that they were almost indestructible. I think over the course of its life (and its not dead yet, just retired in my drawer), it got dropped in the pool twice, and fell on the floor millions. No worries, you pick it up, pop the case back together and you're away. 

Not so my new touch screen phone. I'm terrified of dropping it. So I made it a nice quilted case in the hopes of absorbing the impact when the inevitable happens.




Its just some squares sewn together, with a strip down the side then quilted. Then another strip on the top binding that and the lining together.


I think my lining began life as a tea towel.


Well what do you think? I'm rather pleased with it. Best of all I was being completely slap dash about dimensions and just made them up, and it fits perfectly.

Love Eggs xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment